Wednesday 9 January 2013

To Cambridge and back

My Grandson Ric's 29th birthday today. Many good wishes are speeding his way for a healthy, happy and  long life.

We are on our way to Cambridgeshire for another hospital appointment. The weather today is wonderful, although it is only seven and a half degrees today. The sky is a beautiful shade of blue, not a cloud in sight, only a few vapour trails from passing 'planes.

We pass several flooded fields of sky reflected blue water, prettily edged with green grass.

Unless they are coniferous the trees are bare, we pass elegant birches, with their tracery of fine drooping ends of branches and twigs. Hawthorns still decked with bright red berries --- why haven't the birds eaten them, I wondered. Trees in all hues of brown and some a mossy shade  of green that almost matched the nearby catkins.

I always enjoy seeing bare trees, I find their form and structure fascinating and I long to reach for my pencil to draw them.

No comments:

Post a Comment