Tuesday 11 June 2013

Spotted Flycatchers, Greenfinches and Starlings

Lucky bird spotting day, on a honeysuckle I saw a pair of spotted flycatchers. Later I noticed a pair of greenfinches, these birds used to be so common in our garden, but latterly like starlings they have become almost total strangers.
Thinking about starlings reminds me that recently Mike drew my attention to one on the peanut holder, he then told me he had seen one on there earlier. The starling had flown straight on to the hanging peanut holder, as he landed he grasped the wildly swinging wire mesh and was able to hang there eating. The nut holder soon became still and he stayed in situ enjoying his feast.                          

I would love to see these three birds back in the garden in their previous numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment