Thursday 22 March 2012

Springtime

A wonderful spring day today, the sun is shining the air smells of fresh greenery and flowers and it is a day to be enjoyed.

After lunch we sat in the garden by the pond, watching the fish and relaxing in the special feeling that a day like this brings.

The sound of the birds was magical, so many different songs to try and identify. The trees are leafing up either  in their bright spring green, or in other cases covered in blossom, each flower is so perfect and yet so many types, every one very different from the next, for example; forsythia, magnolia and flowering cherry. The flowers at a quick glance are so different, yet each flower is exquisite and of course every blossom serves the same purpose.


When I have time I like to draw and this has made me study flowers in much greater depth than I probably would have done, I have a secret yen to embroider flowers which bloom in the garden, but as always time is my enemy. Many years ago, I determined that I would keep a written and drawn record of all the flowers wild or otherwise in the garden, , I managed quite a number,but life and its business caught up with me and it is a long time since I put pencil to paper. There are so many flowers already in bloom and waiting to be drawn.


I also kept a record of types of birds visiting the garden, this one was easier to keep up as I kept it in my bird book. My binoculars are always to hand on the side in the kitchen or beside me in the lounge and are used many times during each day, and of course for star gazing at night!


I did keep up my nature diary through the years and with my son's invaluable help it was transferred to the computer and has become my online blog, it gives me much pleasure to record nature and to share it with my friends and readers. I have had so many lovely feedback comments, they add to my pleasure. Thank you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment