Friday 19 October 2012

Autumn colour, fungi, sparrowhawks and new bluetits

The fungi this year is amazing, I have now found three massive clumps, each one larger than I have ever seen before.

We have blue tits nesting in one of the nesting boxes, they must have a brood because they are constantly searching for food and returning to the nest with it.

The sparrowhawk has fed well on the smaller birds in the garden, sadly the nut seed and fat holders are full and yet they wait in vain for visitors, therefore I was pleased to see a pair of great tits at the feeding station this morning. The disappointment came as I watched them and noticed they were spending longer craning their necks and looking around than actually eating.

Leaves are rapidly changing colour now and the far reaching views are startlingly beautiful. Last nights sunset was one of the best I have seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment