Thursday 16 June 2011

Birthday Treat

Biggest treat by far was still being alive today! The average life span of someone with adenocarcinoma is ten and a half months from diagnosis, since I was diagnosed a year ago last May I feel elated. I realise that this figure is an average, but I feel so well and am so very joyful about it. Long may it last.

Anyway, a big treat today was putting out the fox food ---left over cheese and ham sandwiches chopped up small and special fried rice all of which was mixed together and spread across the lawn--- sitting by the patio doors, with a delicious feeling of anticipation and waiting for the fox.

I didn't have long to wait as within minutes a tiny baby fox appeared from the bushes and started tucking into the food, which having been scattered over a large area meant that he had much wandering about to do looking for the food, so I was able to enjoy him for longer than I expected.

Our two young granddaughters watched with us and thoroughly enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment