Thursday 9 June 2011

Cyril Squirrel

Cyril is back!

He is whisper thin, he came to the patio doors  and didn't just bang with his little fists as usual, instead he threw his whole body against the glass. On hearing the sound I looked and was just in time to see him do it again. Where he has been I don't know, but he seems as glad to see me as I am to see him.

By the time I reached the kitchen window, he was there waiting and it was a pleasure to feed the poor hungry creature. He is so emaciated that at first I didn't recognise him, it was only when he was standing on the top of the bird table, waiting to be fed and as he turned his head I saw his ear and realised it was him.

I should have known it was him, because of the way he sought me out in the lounge, however it didn't alert me because Cyril always banged on the glass with his hands, to draw my attention, but this squirrel had thrown his whole body against the window, so although I thought he was familiar with me, I still didn't make the connection that this was my favourite squirrel.

I am so pleased to see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment