Thursday 27 October 2011

Autumn happenings

The squirrels have been very busy the last few days collecting acorns from the oak tree opposite and bringing them into the garden for their winter store. They bury them all over the entire garden and despite the fact that squirrels are supposed to bite the growing tip out  before they store them, I don't believe they do as we have so many tiny trees shooting up everywhere each year.

Today the garden has been full of birds all day long, great tits, blue tits, chaffinches, blackbirds, thrushes, robins, and tiny wrens.

As I look out of the window it truly is golden October now. The grass no longer looks green it is covered in a thick layer of fallen autumn leaves, which from a distance look an orangey brown, but up close they are a glorious mix of shades of red, yellow, brown, green and brightest orange.

I love the crunchy sound as I walk through them, and when I scuff my feet and leave tracks behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment