Monday 2 June 2014

Return of the Starlings and Greenfinches

I have missed the busy, raucous starlings during their absence from the garden. Lately we have been delighted to see an odd one now and again. A few days ago we were pleased to see two in and out of the garden, they were feeding on the ground, the bird tables and the hanging bird feeders.


Today I was so happy to see four of these gregarious birds in the garden. I love the rainbow colours in their feathers, when the sunlight catches them. I am also quite endeared to the different calls they make, not as beautiful as some of our best known and loved song birds, but if you listen carefully when they call quietly, there is a sort of attractive melody --- if only to their young and me!

I am also pleased to report that the greenfinches have returned to the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment