Monday 7 February 2011

A10 To Papwworth

The crocuses are out in the front garden, I saw them as I was leaving home. It is a beautiful day, only eight degrees, but so bright and sunny.


The deciduous trees are still bare, but the roadsides are lit up by the many catkins hanging from hazels. They vary in colour from greenish yellow to brownish yellow, and they not only make my heart sing but also bring a smile to my face. The sun is shining, spring is coming, the birds are singing, and I feel so blessed to have eyes to see and ears to hear.

It is a pretty ride between my home and Papworth. In places, the fields stretch for many miles until they reach the horizon, they gently undulate and are made up of so many shades of green. Here and there are newly ploughed fields of broken mud, dried to a light brown in the sun. The section of the A10 we travel along is such a pretty road I wish I could capture it and properly share it.

Going through Repton we passed a large detached house with tall chimneys and four or five chimney pots on top, I saw a bird fly in amongst them and then noticed its untidy nest wedged up there, I guess if they burn fires in the house, then that's a warm place to nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment