Sunday 20 February 2011

Magpie & Squirrel Hide and Seek

This morning I once more watched the squirrel feeding with amusement. When the squirrel was replete, the magpie who had been watching him feed, and patiently waiting for this moment, boldly walked up to the squirrel who was crossing the lawn with a piece of biscuit in his mouth. I knew what was coming and fortunately had my camera to hand and was able at last to photograph the whole sequence.




Now, where shall I hide this piece of biscuit?



                           Ah yes, nobody will find it here...




How odd -- that magpie's always following me around.




Thank you very much my friend.

1 comment:

  1. I have 5 squirrels visiting my garden, numerous magpies, many pigeons, all squabbling over seed, bread, cat food. Luckily the small birds, get a chance to eat from my feeders, but sometimes,so do the magpies, flapping their wings mid air like hummingbirds. Then you've the squirrels again, practising their circus acts, hanging upside down from my so called squirrel proof feeders!!
    I love your photos and glad the wildlife brings you such joy.
    I'm a mother to 2 boys aged 4 & 5, and a house wife, also I have 2 cats.
    Our garden backs onto a field, where I feed 2 foxes, and since 2012, I've also been feeding a buzzard. Started as one, now I feed 3!!
    Costs a fortune, but they love a chicken drumsticks or thigh. Even overhead gulls try and stop by.
    Thank goodness for home delivery shopping.
    Keep up your good work
    Best wishes
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete