Monday 14 February 2011

Pear Tree Nesting Box

I have been watching the bird house in the pear tree with interest. It has a small opening for blue tits and they have already started collecting nesting material. This morning when I looked out I saw not the blue tits but a great tit, he was very busy pecking at the hole, obviously trying to enlarge it. As I watched, I noticed a blue tit on a nearby branch flapping its wings and leaving the branch to fly at the great tit, then returning either to the same branch or another nearby. After an hour the blue tit was nowhere to be seen and the great tit had also given up!
Although I kept a watch neither returned the rest of the day.

N.B. This bird house is the one that the bees nested in last year, however there has been no sign of them yet this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment