Friday 10 February 2012

Snow, snow, glorious snow said the fox!


Awoke this morning to a fresh layer of snow, covering the old and obliterating all the bird and animal tracks in the old still thick layer. It looks beautiful.

In the grassy area the other side of the end of our garden are the tracks where the fox left our garden and proceeded across this area, I was amused to see that every ten to twelve feet he had rolled in the snow.


I know this because his footsteps followed a straight line for a while then there was a massive snow disruption, this pattern was repeated as far as I could see, and this is exactly the same behaviour as I used to see in our dogs during their lifetimes.

This behaviour was an expression of sheer joy in our dogs and I imagine it is the same for the fox

No comments:

Post a Comment