Sunday 2 January 2011

Snow Tracks

2011. A new year. May I wish each and every one of you a happy and healthy one.

Rivers are high and days are cold, we are still visited daily and nightly by our wildlife who are at this time of year are ravenously hungry.


It is interesting to note, that on some of these very cold mornings the garden seems devoid of wildlife and it is only when I open the window and start filling the bird tables that suddenly the garden is once again alive, and so much more attractive for it.

During the snowy weather I managed to wrap up warmly and go into the garden with my camera, the idea was to photograph animal tracks, of course there were many fox prints, tracking back and forth across the lawns. I have no doubt that he was looking for goodies hidden by the squirrel. There were also many different bird tracks, but what pleased me most was to find strangely shaped marks in the snow and if I had not been watching, I would maybe not have known they were formed by the squirrel's tail as he leapt forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment